If you’ve taken your students through the CTC GO! – Core Module, the Motions Expansion Pack will build on what they have already learned about how to use technology as a tool and how to apply that knowledge in the real world. The Motions Expansion Pack challenges them to go a step further in computing and design and technology by introducing them to new and more complex programming concepts that develop their logical reasoning, computational thinking, and problem-solving skills. Students will expand on their knowledge and skills in STEAM subjects to learn about motions by adding mobility to the hands-on, playful projects and transforming the movement their motors provide. As an educator, you’ll still get all the teaching support you need with webinars, videos, guides, and direct contact with an expert.
CTC GO! – Motions Expansion Pack Toolbox
- 8 Standard Servo Motors
- 8 Continuous Servo Motors
- 8 Student group boxes: Each student group will have a components box with the materials they need to add to the CTC GO! Core Module ones to work on the experimental lessons.
- 16 Li-on 18650 batteries
- 8 battery holders
- 2 battery chargers
- 8 9V batteries
- Jumper wires
- Two markers
- Two screwdrivers
- Assembly mechanical pieces: Include the modular building pieces needed to be combined with the already existing in the Core Module to be able to build 4 different guided projects.
- STUDENT CONTENT
- Practical lesson 1: Making Things Move
- Practical lesson 2: Circular to Linear Movement
- Practical lesson 3: Continuous Rotation
- Practical lesson 4: Gears and Pulleys
- 3 Project building sessions: Guided projects based on the already learnt concepts.
- 7 Experimental sessions: The students are able to experiment building their own projects. By the end of the course, students will have the option to create their own projects and share them with the Arduino Education community.