The Portenta Vision Shield LoRa® brings industry-rated features to your Arduino Portenta. This hardware add-on will let you run embedded computer vision applications, connect wirelessly via LoRa® to the Arduino Cloud or your own infrastructure, and activate your system upon the detection of sound events.
Edge Impulse: https://docs.edgeimpulse.com/docs/arduino-portenta-h7
The shield comes with:
- a 320×320 pixels camera sensor: use one of the cores in Portenta to run image recognition algorithms using the OpenMV for Arduino editor
- long range 868/915MHz LoRa wireless connectivity: get your Portenta H7 connected to the Internet of Things with low power consumption
- two on-board microphones for directional sound detection: capture and analyse sound in real-time
- JTAG connector: perform low-level debugging of your Portenta board or special firmware updates using an external programmer
- SD-Card connector: store your captured data in the card, or read configuration files
The Vision Shield LoRa® has been designed to work with the Arduino Portenta H7. The Portenta boards feature multicore 32-bit ARM® Cortex™ processors running at hundreds of megahertz, with megabytes of program memory and RAM. Portenta boards come with WiFi and Bluetooth.
Purchase this Shield together with the Portenta H7 for full performance.
Embedded Computer Vision Made Easy
Arduino has teamed up with OpenMV to offer you a free license to the OpenMV IDE, an easy way into computer vision using MicroPython as a programming paradigm. Download the OpenMV for Arduino Editor from our professional tutorials site and browse through the examples we have prepared for you inside the OpenMV IDE. Companies across the whole world are already building their commercial products based on this simple-yet-powerful approach to detect, filter, and classify images, QR codes, and others.
Debugging With Professional Tools
Connect your Portenta H7 to a professional debugger through the JTAG connector. Use professional software tools like the ones from Lauterbach or Segger on top of your board to debug your code step by step. The Vision Shield exposes the required pins for you to plug in your external JTAG.
The Portenta tutorials section at the Arduino Pro website contains all the information you need to configure the Portenta H7, as well as the Vision Shield LoRa®, and the OpenMV editor for computer vision applications .
The Arduino Vision Shield is an active add-on to the Portenta family of boards.
|Camera||Himax HM-01B0 camera module|
|Resolution||320 x 320 active pixel resolution with support for QVGA|
|Image sensor||High sensitivity 3.6μ BrightSense™ pixel technology|
|Microphone||2 x MP34DT05 (datasheet)|
|Connectivity||868/915MHz ABZ-093 LoRa Module with ARM Cortex-M0+ (datasheet)|