The Tiny Machine Learning Kit, combined with the exciting TinyML Applications and Deploying TinyML on Microcontrollers courses that are part of the Tiny Machine Learning (TinyML) specialization from EdX will equip you with all the tools you need to bring your ML visions to life!
The kit consists of a powerful board equipped with a microcontroller and a wide variety of sensors (Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense*). The board can sense movement, acceleration, rotation, temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, sounds, gestures, proximity, color, and light intensity. The kit also includes a camera module (OV7675) and custom Arduino shield to make it easy to attach your components and create your very own unique TinyML project. You will be able to explore practical ML use cases using classical algorithms as well as deep neural networks powered by TensorFlow Lite Micro. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination!
“The Future of Machine Learning is Tiny and Bright. We’re excited to see what you’ll do!”
Prof. Vijay Janapa Reddi, Harvard University and Pete Warden, Google
Original Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense Tiny Machine Learning kit includes:
- 1 Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense board
- 1 OV7675 Camera
- 1 Arduino Tiny Machine Learning Shield
- 1 USB A to Micro USB Cable
The Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense is an evolution of the traditional Arduino Nano, but featuring a lot more powerful processor, the nRF52840 from Nordic Semiconductors, a 32-bit ARM® Cortex™-M4 CPU running at 64 MHz. This will allow you to make larger programs than with the Arduino Uno (it has 1MB of program memory, 32 times bigger), and with a lot more variables (the RAM is 128 times bigger). The main processor includes other amazing features like Bluetooth® pairing via NFC and ultra low power consumption modes.
- 9 axis inertial sensor: what makes this board ideal for wearable devices
- humidity, and temperature sensor: to get highly accurate measurements of the environmental conditions
- barometric sensor: you could make a simple weather station
- microphone: to capture and analyse sound in real time
- gesture, proximity, light color and light intensity sensor : estimate the room’s luminosity, but also whether someone is moving close to the board